POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castle towers : Re: Castle towers Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castle towers
From: Woland
Date: 1 Jun 2010 05:25:00
Message: <web.4c04d1b8530345cb397a02140@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Woland" <ziz### [at] wppl> wrote:
> > I've just done this castle towers.
> > I know they should look more old (i'll add some functions on isosurface). And
> > then I'll make some wooden parts and a cannon on the walls.
> >
> > Stones are isosurfaces placed in a circles with a little random displacement.
> >
> > Render time was 1H 47M, with no radiosity.
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> That looks like a very fun project. But I guess any POV-Ray project is fun! Here
> are my comments - it's hard to tell with the darkness of the image, but it
> appears that some stones end inside other stones where the walls meet, so if
> this is the case it would be a big benefit to build some logic into the code to
> detect where walls meet and adjust the size of the stones accordingly. Also,
> some kind of mortar is necessary to hold the stones in place.
>
> That's a really good beginning, so let's see how it looks with the cannon!
>
> Regards,
> Dave Blandston

Stone have random height and length, so maybe it looks like they are inside each
other. My first idea was to make this render to see how i can generally place
stones around the centre of the tower - especially top with each second stone
missing. They don't look as they should be. And one more time sorry for the
darkness.