POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castle towers : Re: Castle towers Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castle towers
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 1 Jun 2010 05:15:01
Message: <web.4c04cef5530345cbcba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
"Woland" <ziz### [at] wppl> wrote:
> I've just done this castle towers.
> I know they should look more old (i'll add some functions on isosurface). And
> then I'll make some wooden parts and a cannon on the walls.
>
> Stones are isosurfaces placed in a circles with a little random displacement.
>
> Render time was 1H 47M, with no radiosity.
>
> Any comments?

That looks like a very fun project. But I guess any POV-Ray project is fun! Here
are my comments - it's hard to tell with the darkness of the image, but it
appears that some stones end inside other stones where the walls meet, so if
this is the case it would be a big benefit to build some logic into the code to
detect where walls meet and adjust the size of the stones accordingly. Also,
some kind of mortar is necessary to hold the stones in place.

That's a really good beginning, so let's see how it looks with the cannon!

Regards,
Dave Blandston