POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file : Re: Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:48:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file
From: jartim
Date: 1 Jun 2010 04:30:00
Message: <web.4c04c497840c44922d9cc77a0@news.povray.org>
> On 26.05.10 15:35, clipka wrote:
> > Sounds familiar - I guess it is a variation of known bug FS#107
> > (<http://bugs.povray.org/task/107>); a fix for that exists and will be
> > included in the next beta release.
> >
> > Until then you'll probably have to work around by copying the files to a
> > local directory and rendering from there.
>
> Actually, mapping the network share to a drive letter is sufficient.
>
> Interesting enough, there are lots of programs out there that cannot deal
> with network share paths in Windows ... so at least we are not alone with
> this (already fixed) bug.
>
>  Thorsten

Thanks for the help, but I still have the problem.
I tried changing the povray.ini location by mapping it to a drive and setting
the POVINI environment variable to point to it - set POVINI =
H:\POV-Ray\v3.7\ini\povray.ini

This still makes no difference, in fact no matter what I set POVINI to point to
I still get the same error! I have tried pointing to local folders on drive C
and remote folders on drive H.