POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file : Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:53:38 EDT (-0400)
  Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file
From: jartim
Date: 26 May 2010 07:30:01
Message: <web.4bfd04c2737e13da2d9cc77a0@news.povray.org>
I have POV 3.7.0.beta.37a.msvc9-sse2.win32 installed on my PC.
Due to our network system, my 'My Documents' folder is mapped to a network
server '\\mcm3kerp\home\jartim'.
When I try to render a scene I get the following error -

Cannot open INI file '\\mcm3kerp\home\jartim\POV-Ray\v3.7\ini\povray.ini'
Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file.

I can edit the povray ini file from the 'Tools\Edit Master POVRAY.INI' menu, so
I don't think it is not a file security problem.