POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mk2 hand grenade : Re: Mk2 hand grenade Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mk2 hand grenade
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 May 2010 09:35:01
Message: <web.4bebfedc37879747ae92d9930@news.povray.org>
Cool!  This looks VERY good. I was *hoping* you'd stick with the M2 grenade.
:-) (BTW, I kept playing around with the code example I posted for ya, and
couldn't get it to look as nice as what you've done.) I also like the slight
curve where the 'conical' shape meets the 'pineapple' shape. Again, nicely done.

I was wondering about the 'pin' (the ring) that needs to be pulled to activate
the grenade...specifically the 'clevis pin' part that sticks out the other side
(to hold the ring until it's pulled.) The two tangs, bent as they are at almost
right angles, would seem to make it difficult to actually PULL the pin. Looks
like the poor soldier would have to exert a *lot* of force to bend those, to get
them to go through the hole. Or maybe I need to look at the reference photo you
posted awhile back...

Ken