POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Suggestions needed : Re: Suggestions needed Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions needed
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 10 May 2010 19:45:00
Message: <web.4be899a85bb1be65cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> There's still a problem with the model that I haven't yet been able to solve:
> Where the vertical and horizontal indent lines meet, there's a deeper indent at
> each intersection.

Ok, I've been tinkering with this and here's what I came up with - I figured
Kenneth would be interested. Instead of adding the vertical and horizontal
functions to get the final function, multiply them (without multiplying each by
..5), thusly:

#local PigmentFunction_Final = function {
   PigmentFunction_Vertical (x, y, z).red *
   PigmentFunction_Horizontal (x, y, z).red
} //function

That solves the problem!

Regards,
Dave Blandston