POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alley Sunflower WIP : Re: Alley Sunflower WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alley Sunflower WIP
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 28 Apr 2010 04:30:01
Message: <web.4bd7f0d5f8dc137b6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> macro. I have 5 different mesh bricks, randomly mirrored and rotated, but
> I still get 3 of the same bricks in a row. Any ideas on how to get it more
> random?

Edouard already commented for the random selection - I was just going to suggest
varying the seed!

You could also very slightly perturb each brick's position and rotation (say, up
to 1% of a brick's width perpendicular to the wall, and up to half a degree on
the y). This can make the wall look more roughly put together. Another thing to
try is to vary the lightness of the bricks (doesn't need to be by much), so they
don't look like they all came from the same batch.

Love the sunflower and the washed-out sunlight!