POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray corporate headquarters : Re: POV-Ray corporate headquarters Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray corporate headquarters
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Apr 2010 03:15:01
Message: <web.4bd53d498f076cd8ae92d9930@news.povray.org>
"SafePit" <ste### [at] reids4funcom> wrote:

> I think it was the colors that clinched it for me.  I actually like the "all
> glass" look, very modern and would match your fifties theme well.

Looking at both images now, I kind of agree. And it just might be those dark
window 'stripes' in the original post that push the building's design into the
'bowling pin' category. ;-) Something I should have been more critical of.

> P.S. I enjoyed seeing the progression of your work. I'm always fascinated by the
> thought process people take to get to the final result.

Me too. (I should probably post more WIPS, as others do.) Trouble is, my scenes
take me too long to write (because I like to experiment with the code)--the
WIP-posting process could extend over months! Which is OK, I guess. Kind of
embarrassing, though, when others here whip scenes together in no time flat.
BUT, wips are meant to be critiqued by others--which is always a good idea, and
can keep a scene's design from progressing down a 'wrong path.' Or at least
bring it to an author's attention.

Ken