POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray corporate headquarters : Re: POV-Ray corporate headquarters Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray corporate headquarters
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Apr 2010 15:45:00
Message: <web.4bd49aa88f076cd8ae92d9930@news.povray.org>
> Kenneth wrote:
> > A well-kept secret! Somewhere in Dubai...
>
> The statues are a little freaky, texture-wise.

You mean that odd boxy sculpture? It's meant to be made of *some* kind of glass,
although it turned out looking rather strange. (How much ior to add? How much
reflection? etc.) The real trouble with these sculptures is that they can have
endless variations (which I tried!!) I got bogged down in that aspect of the
scene, and finally said, "OK, enough!" ;-)

The tall plate-like sculpture is meant to be a metal thingy--big plates of dark
iron or steel, with a rough surface. Rather 'basic', I admit--given POV-Ray's
ability to make just about any odd sculpture imaginable.

There's an aspect to the entire scene that may be giving it an overall odd look:
The camera has a very wide-angle view (which normally distorts everything.) I
tried to correct for this in the individual objects--rotating them to be
more-or-less vertical 'visually.'  But I didn't do it to *all* the objects (the
trees are still slanted, for example.) It was an experiment that didn't quite
work out as planned.

Ken