POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray corporate headquarters : Re: POV-Ray corporate headquarters Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray corporate headquarters
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Apr 2010 15:25:00
Message: <web.4bd496b88f076cd8ae92d9930@news.povray.org>
"SafePit" <ste### [at] reids4funcom> wrote:
> Is it just me, or does the building look like a bowling pin?

Guilty as charged. ;-) I tried out a bunch of different isosurface shapes, but
settled on this one because it looked somewhat different from a 'cliche' sci-fi
building. Unfortunately, a bowling pin was the result. :-[

> I like the figures in the foreground.  They a high-tech feel to the image.

Thanks.  I was *trying* to get that 1950's-'60's sci-fi illustration look--the
kind of images that were popular on paperback novels at the time. (I had several
specific artists in mind--Richard Powers and John Berkey.) A kind of
non-realistic 'sketchy' look. Still needs work, though.

Ken