POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : "cannot open output file." : Re: "cannot open output file." Server Time
19 May 2024 08:58:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "cannot open output file."
From: jm57
Date: 13 Apr 2010 23:15:01
Message: <web.4bc5310e8295f690d1e7b1580@news.povray.org>
I am having the same problem.  When I attempt to run POV-Ray from the command
line the input file will open, but not the output file.

It seems that the output file's name is being incorrectly parsed.  For example,
if I call pvengine.exe from "C:/Program Files/POV-Ray/bin" and my file to be
rendered is specified as "C:/user/file.pov", then the Messages tab shows the
output file name as "C:/Program Files/POV-Ray/bin/C:/user/file.pov" which cannot
be opened.

Is there any way to change the output file naming?

A related issue - I would like to store my INI file in a non-default directory.
I can see the path under Menu > Renderer > Edit Settings/Renderer but cannot
edit the path name.

JM