POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? : Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? Server Time
19 May 2024 04:40:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome?
From: Woody
Date: 28 Mar 2010 01:30:06
Message: <web.4baee84b2e5cb7c2876671bb0@news.povray.org>
Sorry for joining the conversation late. I only saw the thread after making the
post at

http://news.povray.org/web.4baed21667547a80876671bb0%40news.povray.org

It appears ot be of the same problem.

Can someone let me know the modifications I need to make to the original code at
the beginning of the post (or better yet my own code) to get rid of the extra
shapes in the sphere sweep?

I'm not sure I understand how the bounding box will help? Is it applied to the
whole sweep or each individual sphere component (know sure how that would be
done). Is it applied in place of or in conjunction with the scaling mentioned in
the original post? For that matter I'm not sure I understand how the scaling
mentioned works?

Sorry If this seems dense I'm a little lost.

-Jeff