POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Contact binary : Re: Contact binary Server Time
21 Jun 2024 16:40:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Contact binary
From: Reactor
Date: 16 Mar 2010 20:30:01
Message: <web.4ba0217bac498d3c147192840@news.povray.org>
"ajtribick" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I haven't gotten around to animating the photosphere texture - would be handy to
> have some possibility of extending the procedural textures into the 4th
> dimension for animations.

I, too, would be interested in this.  I vaguely recall it coming up a long time
ago, someone's idea for a 4d perlin noise patch.  I am not sure how much
tinkering that would take but it seems like it would require quite a bit.  To
extend the current 3d procedural textures implies that the current system for
handling texture transformations would also have to be extended.  I don't know
if that means the current coordinate system would have to be extended, but doing
so would open some doors to some very nifty effects, particularly if someone
wanted to easily do visualizations of rotating hypercubes.

-Reactor