POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DF3 + emitting media + radiosity : Re: DF3 + emitting media + radiosity Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DF3 + emitting media + radiosity
From: Reactor
Date: 16 Mar 2010 16:55:01
Message: <web.4b9fef5241e17ff30297eec0@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I dropped the brightness from 10 to 2, kept 1600 samples, dropped error
> bound to 0.01, 0.005 minimum reuse, 20 nearest count (to keep the sharp
> edge of the shadow from being all grainy), but lowered recursion limit to 2.

Why are you using such a low error_bound?  You could easily get away with 10
times that, probably more.  Is that the value you came up with through tuning?

Having a higher error_bound would significantly cut the render time and the
required number of samples without a reduction in quality.  You might actually
have fewer visible artifacts, because the number of required samples for
smoother lighting would be below 1600.

Too bad it uses media, because MCPov is always neat for these kinds of things.

-Reactor