POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anaglyph (red/cyan), Lego hovercraft : Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Lego hovercraft Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Lego hovercraft
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 1 Mar 2010 16:10:01
Message: <web.4b8c2c7844f4762aa5dc82690@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> A gray scale anaglyph viewable with red/cyan 3d glasses.

Nice image! I really need to get some R/C 3D specs one of these days...

> I've not rounded any of the square corners, but instead each block is made
> slightly smaller. The resulting gaps need higher aa settings, but I like the
> effect.

You can fake rounded edges by using an object-pattern-based proximity pattern.
Implementing it can become tricky, and it doesn't work well with curved surfaces
such as cylinders, but it can be a quick way to round out those edges. It can be
slow to render sometimes (but not all the time), and it will change the overall
normal of a surface. For instance, if you applied it to a cube and made the cube

it's best not to use it at all...

Sam