POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape Design : Re: Landscape Design Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape Design
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 22 Feb 2010 21:30:00
Message: <web.4b833d3c898655f1cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> That's a very good-looking design! Had you planned to place vegetation on the
> terraces?
>
> I don't know why HOAs always have to make trouble for people. Your design would
> have likely improved the character of your neighborhood. I can't see how it
> would have detracted from it. It seems to me that if you own a piece of
> property, you should be allowed to build beautiful things onto it.
>
> > My wife's webpage has some pictures that show the patio - look at the very last >
picture if you're interested. (Ig
no
> re the goofy looking guy in the photo!)
> > http://paulascharity.com/OtherPhotos/index.html
>
> Nice patio. Hey, is that a San Pedro cactus back there?

Yes, lots of vegetation. I enjoy gardening and currently have lots of tropical
plants in my yard. I planned to put a Senegal date palm (Phoenix reclinata) on
the upper left terrace, a row of three matching palms (probably Queen palms) on
the bottom terraces - two on the left and one on the right, as well as numerous
smaller plants and accent rocks. I was really surprised when the association
denied my proposal. I never imagined they would reject it so I already had a
mason scheduled even!

The blue cactus is a Pilosocereus pachycladus. It's beautiful and easy to grow.
My wife and I like blue plants and we have several others including some blue
bamboo (Bambusa chungii Barballata), three blue palm trees (two Bismarckia
nobilis and one Brahea armata), a blue agave, and a blue cycad (Encephalartos
princeps).

Regards,
Dave Blandston