POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sluice : Re: sluice Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sluice
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 21 Feb 2010 11:15:00
Message: <web.4b815b112ab46450cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
stbenge <UN### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> This monitor tends to bleach out images at certain angles, while making
> everything too dark at other angles... but I guess all LCD monitors
> behave in such a manner. It's my first LCD screen, so it's taking a
> little time to get used to it. I can't complain though, considering the
> price. It's sooo nice to have 1920x1080 resolution!

The resolution sounds great, except for one thing - longer render time for
full-screen images! I'm avoiding the change to LCD as long as possible for those
reasons you mentioned. I think the washed-out look is caused by poor contrast
ratio, but that seems to be improving lately. And LED monitors have extremely
high contrast ratios but also high price still. So I'll stick with a good CRT
for now...

Neat picture, by the way. I've used POV to design a few things that I actually
built with great success. One of my favorite projects was to design landscaping
for my front yard. I made a great render and then my homeowner's association
wouldn't approve it.

Good luck with your project!

Regards,
Dave Blandston