POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reactor Room : Re: Reactor Room Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reactor Room
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 5 Feb 2010 16:15:01
Message: <web.4b6c8a11934aa537d1fa822a0@news.povray.org>
some_yahoo <no### [at] waycom> wrote:
> Comments?

It's looking good.

If you could blow out the luminosity values of the text somewhat, to make them
reflect more in the floor, that would be cool. But doing this usually causes AA
problems, which in turn leads to higher render times when you discover the only
real way to reduce the jaggies requires a much larger image to be rendered and
then scaled down... Also, I think somebody also mentioned this, but the font
style doesn't quite the match the futuristic aspect of the hallway design. I was
thinking of a font that is comprised of hexagonal blocks making up the text,
kind of like a Magna Doodle sketch, but with light instead of iron filings :)
But that was just one of those weird ideas that might not look good in the
end...

Anyway, this image is coming right along!