POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question about brick pattern : Question about brick pattern Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Question about brick pattern
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 1 Feb 2010 09:35:01
Message: <web.4b66e5c19fd01073cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I'm using the brick pattern to simulate the texture of ballistic nylon. Here's
the texture definition:

#local BallisticNylon = texture {
   pigment {brick color Black transmit .3, color Black transmit 1}
   scale <.05, .05, 1>
}

The texture is layered over another texture and then applied to a plane {z, 0}.
I noticed that when I render the image at 4000 x 3000 pixels then resize it to
1280 x 960 it looks great, but when I render it at 1280 x 960 it looks horrible.
The attached image shows what I mean. In both cases I'm using +am2 +r3. Am I
doing something wrong?

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message