POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Space entry continued : Re: IRTC Space entry continued Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Space entry continued
From: Agustin Britait Molina
Date: 30 Jan 2010 18:35:01
Message: <web.4b64c14ad97a3e2883581d060@news.povray.org>
You allow a criticism, I hope constructively.

Technically the picture is outstanding, this done entirely with POV? As an IRTC
I suppose, a great job.

However, the criticism is in design: the image is too heavy, has too many
things.

The images of deep space have to give the impression that we are looking at
infinity, we look to the void, this picture gives the contrary impression, we
are in the midst of a crowded city. At least in my view should not be.

I could remove the second planet ring (red), he excess, and the ship in the
left, the image stays the same technique and outstanding, but less saturated
with things.

Another possible solution would be to use an image size larger to get the same
items, with this you get a spacious feeling without losing the things that you
created, or reduce slightly the size of the elements.

As for realism, is not possible, by the gravitational forces involved, have a
multiple system of planets like the ring samples, the rings are formed by
gravitational stability (they are like dust settled) in a system with several
massive bodies, these rings would end shredded sooner or later.

I hope these words do not detract your great work, a greeting.