POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Visualizing vector fields with a single isosurface : Re: Visualizing vector fields with a single isosurface Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visualizing vector fields with a single isosurface
From: Reactor
Date: 30 Jan 2010 14:55:00
Message: <web.4b648e1f956d9fa61e5c3f900@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> This image is an attempt to visualize the vector field <Z, -X, Y>.
>
> Tor Olav
> http://subcube.com

I remember wanting to do something similar, but I found that you cannot have
parameters for a transformation function ;_;

I would up using a macro to generate parts of the function, but making a series
of functions that duplicate the behavior of a matrix in a symbolic fashion was
very difficult for me.  I wound up making simpler functions, which could not
provide the ability to arbitrarily transform a function by varying amounts.

Anyway, I would be curious as to how your code is, if you don't mind posting a
sample.  If your method provides a more elegant way of taking a point (x,y,z)
and spitting out a new, transformed point(x',y',z'),  I can think of many uses
for it.

-Reactor