POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nostalgic Lego : Re: Nostalgic Lego Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalgic Lego
From: SafePit
Date: 27 Jan 2010 19:15:00
Message: <web.4b60d6af25f6ad77716fc53b0@news.povray.org>
Ive <"ive### [at] lilysoftorg"> wrote:
> I have only defined the basic colors (again the ones I actually did
> have) and the values are taken from
> http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/colorguide.cgi
> but are inverse gamma corrected to have them in linear color space as
> they should be:
>
> #macro GI(C)
>    #local C = color C;
>    <pow(C.red/255, 2.2),
>     pow(C.green/255, 2.2),
>     pow(C.blue/255, 2.2),
>     C.filter>
> #end

You are so clever Ive!  I've been struggling using the peeron "official colors"
and being so light.  Wow, what a difference!  Sadly, I'll having to render all
my scenes again. :(

I may try your finish.  Here's what I've been using:

// brick finish
#declare lf_brick = finish {
    #if (l_ambient) // normal
      diffuse 0.5