POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baroque ballerina : Re: Baroque ballerina Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baroque ballerina
From: Kenneth
Date: 15 Jan 2010 10:20:00
Message: <web.4b5084389f9611ee65f302820@news.povray.org>
Quite a beautiful image, a painting come-to-life. Makes we want to pull it up in
Photoshop and lighten it, just to see all the wonderful detail that's in this
scene.

Mt own two cents: The ballerina could, IMO, have a a hint more fill light;
as-is, she seems 'on the verge' of looking a bit like a cut-out, not quite
blended into the hazy atmosphere. OR (and this is just my personal opinion), she
could be repositioned to be near the more visible large window--which would
wonderfully encompass her visually--perhaps standing in front of it, with the
light streaming in on her. The reason being that the
scene as a whole doesn't look quite balanced to me (compositionally speaking);
I'm not sure what the main element is supposed to be, the room or the figure.
Personally, I think the room and its wonderful atmosphere should take
precedence--with the ballerina as more of a humanizing element than an
'equally-weighted' compositional one. As a side effect of this, it would make
the room look even more imposing and grand (since the girl would be smaller in
the frame.) Of course, all of this may have the opposite effect (though still a
good one): drawing *attention* to the smaller figure, enclosed by the cavernous
space.

Ken