POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Passing macros as macro arguments ? : Passing macros as macro arguments ? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:57:33 EDT (-0400)
  Passing macros as macro arguments ?
From: Sktx
Date: 14 Jan 2010 16:50:01
Message: <web.4b4f90e04402e726b9d39f9d0@news.povray.org>
Hi there people,

First, apologies if I'm posting this in thewrong section, I'm pretty new to the
board.

I'm currently working on an animation interface to use within POV-Ray SDL files.
It is basically using the good old array-based structures, but I'd like to get
it to the next level and apply basic principles of Object-Oriented Programming
with POVRay.

For those of you who know about the thing, is there any way to pass macros ( and
by that I mean the real macro identifier, not a macro application ) as another
macro argument ? It would be kinda best way to infer the notion of "method" into
POVRay structures.

Thanks by advance,
Alex.

PS : my animation system is based on the use of multiple coordinate systems with
different origins, being transformed one regarding another. This allows easy
relative movement ( object 1 rotationg around object 2 which is translating
along the axis by which object 3 is oriented, where object 3 is an object
translated from origin and then rotated twice... You got the idea )