POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mandelbulb test renders : Re: Mandelbulb test renders Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mandelbulb test renders
From: waggy
Date: 5 Dec 2009 13:15:03
Message: <web.4b1aa2991cd673e3f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
This is the first image I'm really happy with, another view of the tail end of
the power eight mandelbulb after six iterations.  Although I forgot to save the
rendering information for this image, it took about as long as other similar
images with my latest mandelbulb isosurface SDL function, about eight hours on
an eight-core Linux machine using an unpatched POV-Ray beta with radiosity and
recursive anti-aliasing -J +A0.5 +AM2 +R2.  For those interested, I've posted
some more images on my website.

http://wiki.waggy.org/dokuwiki/mandelbulb

Cheers!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mb8i6_tail_up_1920q4.png' (2813 KB)

Preview of image 'mb8i6_tail_up_1920q4.png'
mb8i6_tail_up_1920q4.png