POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finally, the rings are visible, but... : Re: Finally, the rings are visible, but... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finally, the rings are visible, but...
From: Reactor
Date: 1 Dec 2009 03:00:01
Message: <web.4b14cc15ff013193d4fa99a30@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> High!
> O.k., once more:

I would like to help, but I cannot wade through that and make it work.  I wasn't
requesting more code in my last post, I was requesting working code.  Even after
tinkering with the code quite a bit, I could not really make it work.  As such,
I could not try to fix the problems.
    Please note that by minimal scene, I meant the absolute minimum code
required to duplicate the problem.  This code should be self contained as best
as possible, and should simply work upon copy and paste.  The image maps,
textures, starry skies, and a lot of other stuff is not required to troubleshoot
the parameters of your media.  If it is not possible to easily separate out the
components, consider posting an archive under the binaries group.

What I did notice is that, as best as I can tell, you are viewing the rings edge
on.  Does the media container show up when it isn't transparent?

The variable names are a little ambiguous, as such I could not tell the relative
thickness of the rings.  However, it seems like they are very thin.  Did you
already try increasing the scattering amount proportionally?

  good luck,
 -Reactor