POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mandelbulb test renders : Re: Mandelbulb test renders Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mandelbulb test renders
From: waggy
Date: 30 Nov 2009 01:35:00
Message: <web.4b1367111cd673e3f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
"arblick spule" wrote:

> Awesome!  Just picked up on the Mandelbulb thing from Clifford Pickovers Reality
> Carnival.  The most bootifull things I have ever seen!  Can we get some "pure
> silver" renders of these things?  Mercury landscapes 'n' all that?
[snip]
> Anyway, back to the Mandelbulb - Isosurfaces being used?  I would dearly love to
> see the code...

Check out the "'Accidental' isosurface" thread in this newsgroup for more
images, including a couple in chrome, and some code samples.  (Although it
should still work, the straight SDL function isosurface code I posted there is a
bit out of date.  The new and improved version is not yet ready for prime time
or I'd post it here.)

Also, you may like to take a look at mandelbulb animations posted recently in
the animation binaries group.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/

~David