POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mandelbulb test renders : Re: Mandelbulb test renders Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mandelbulb test renders
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 30 Nov 2009 01:30:01
Message: <web.4b1365841cd673e3f4c648ed0@news.povray.org>
"arblick spule" <aspule> wrote:

> Anyway, back to the Mandelbulb - Isosurfaces being used?
> I would dearly love to see the code...

I posted portable C code for generating a df3 file of the Mandelbulb on page 2
of the "'Accidental' isosurface" thread, which seems to be the main Mandelbulb
thread here, for some strange reason. :)

I use its output like this:

#declare f = function{pattern{density_file df3 FName interpolate 1}}

isosurface {
    function{f(x, y, z)}
    contained_by{box{0, 1}}
    threshold 0.5