POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mandelbulb test renders : Re: Mandelbulb test renders Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mandelbulb test renders
From: arblick spule
Date: 29 Nov 2009 23:40:00
Message: <web.4b134c5c1cd673e3919c69570@news.povray.org>
"waggy" <hon### [at] handbasketorg> wrote:
> Here is a closer view of the feature on the extreme right in the straight
> overhead view resembling some kind of heraldic crest.  This one is at 14
> iterations.

Awesome!  Just picked up on the Mandelbulb thing from Clifford Pickovers Reality
Carnival.  The most bootifull things I have ever seen!  Can we get some "pure
silver" renders of these things?  Mercury landscapes 'n' all that?

On another note, just got 3dsmax working again and using the built-in particle
system (p-flow) managed to crash my pooter using just 420,067 particles (4 point
camera facing polygons)!  POVRAY took the same system (made with spheres) and
did NOT crash at - let me just look at the number again - 920,332,986!

Go figure!

Anyway, back to the Mandelbulb - Isosurfaces being used?  I would dearly love to
see the code...

8o)