POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye experiment : Re: Eye experiment Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye experiment
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 4 Nov 2009 08:20:01
Message: <web.4af17ea0c237b99e4726e92b0@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <spa### [at] polardcom> wrote:

> A M A Z I N G
>
> I knew Pov was good, but that's a professional looking image that I'd
> usually expect to see coming from Maya / PR Renderman or something... -well
> done-!

Thanks Stefan, I'm trying :)

I find that most CG people underestimate the power of POV. When I exhibit my
prints at art festivals, galleries, etc, someone "in-the-know" will invariably
come and ask me something like, "So which did you use for these - Maya or 3d
Studio Max?"

"Neither, they're all done with POV-Ray" I'll reply.

A blank stare of disbelief often follows, as if they're waiting for the punch
line.