POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real glass of water : Re: Real glass of water Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real glass of water
From: nemesis
Date: 23 Oct 2009 01:50:00
Message: <web.4ae1439cb3eb0601e4fc19be0@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Gaf escreveu:
> > I uploaded the original textures for you:
> > http://www.raytracer.hu/temp/wood_texture.zip
>
> hey, thanks!
>
> > When order I put the source code to readable, maybe i delete one character...
> > the original photon spacing is 0,025.
>
> oh, that's what I'll use then!  Perhaps I'll leave adc_bailout at 0.03
> then... :)
>
> --
> a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

well, here you go.  photon spacing set to 0.025 and adc_bailout for everything
set to 0.05.  Same resolution, render time:  1 hour and 56 minutes.

Notable differences being a lack of front reflection caustic in the ground near
the light source and those two black strips in the cup rather than refracted
wood floor... perhaps should've bumped max_trace_level to compensate for
adc_bailout? who knows?  Maybe next time... ;)

BTW, had to adjust some contrast in the Gimp because povray 3.7 beta 33 gave way
too bright radiosity...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gaf-caustic2.jpg' (129 KB)