POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : XRay Test : Re: XRay Test Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XRay Test
From: mone
Date: 17 Oct 2009 16:30:01
Message: <web.4ada28821466e24f2fa217c50@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "mone" <mon### [at] alienenterprisesde> wrote in message
> > "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> >
> >> ..... It transitions to have progressively more transparency and a Blue
> >> color for surfaces that are ...
> >
> > That does sound logical. However I wonder how you have figured out the
> > correct
> > values...
>
> Just trial and error I'm afraid, so no secret tricks to share :o)

Oh, OK, so I'm not the only one :))

> I think both your images look very good.

Thanks :)). Though they aren't exactly much of my images because the effect on
the left was suggested by you and the model is a ready-made one.

> I suspect the variation with real
> x-Ray photography can be quite large depending upon what the radiologist is
> trying to highlight.

Yes, it's not too realistic for sure, but I don't care much because I was just
after a fancy looking effect, more or less. I think I will try to make a
composition with the brain and the head of the MakeHuman model - wont't work
with POV alone, because there's too much strange looking stuff inside the
MakeHuman model, which becomes visible when transparent, and csg doesn't seem to
work properly with this mesh. So I'll have too do it in post processing, but in
the end it will work somehow, I hope.

Best Regards,
Simone