POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Diamond test : Re: Diamond test Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diamond test
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 3 Oct 2009 11:40:00
Message: <web.4ac76fafea4ce3984726e92b0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> don't know a thing about the cuts and facets and all, but lighting and
> colorwise these feels to me like a diamond looks.

Heh, I know nothing about gem cutting either - I was just testing lighting,
photon, and dispersion settings. The model itself was just a quick
"diamond-like" mesh I three together from looking at a magazine and trying to
duplicate the look of the photo. It really surprised me that most of the
comments about my render were about the facets/gem cut instead of the image
itself.