POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anaglyph (red/cyan), Outside micrometer : Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Outside micrometer Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Outside micrometer
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 1 Oct 2009 10:30:01
Message: <web.4ac4bcde58acf73c81c811d20@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> A gray scale anaglyph of an outside micrometer, 0 to 1 inch.
>
> Previously I would have made the scales with an image map or objects just above
> the surface(shadows!). For this picture I used object patterns, I like the
> result.
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> Stephen S

Looks great (even without having anaglyphic glasses handy.  Any chance of
posting the model code (or maybe add to the object-collection)?

One thing to note for your interest:
I like the usage of object pattern for lettering as you've used here.  I use it
quite a bit for varying effects.

But sometimes I want the look that the letters have been screen printed on (i.e.
raised from the surface, but font objects are too suqare edged) and I use
another technique I've developed.  It makes use of image maps and function
pattern conversion for normals and pigments.

See the mug and coffee pot lettering in this image:
http://news.povray.org/web.466f095c94c152495e73ab330%40news.povray.org

I posted the technique for the mug in particular in this posting:
http://news.povray.org/web.467169a8fabeec67c150d4c10%40news.povray.org

-tgq