POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : For lack of a ship : Re: Thank you, but... ;-) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thank you, but... ;-)
From: William Pokorny
Date: 1 Oct 2009 08:20:01
Message: <web.4ac49502a7005b41b65741ba0@news.povray.org>
For the tutorial, thank you Kirk. I've never tried much in the way of
landscapes. I read through it last night and did a few test renders. It is very
helpful, clean and clear. It is also small enough I wonder if it might not be
good scene file for the POVRay distribution itself? I believe it would make a
nice addition to Christoph Hormann's landcape.pov which is already one of the
advanced scene files.

Aside: The landscape.pov file has the option: #declare use_iso=false;. If set to
true, the example does not work well with the camera position #1 because the iso
definition flips the landscape in y. I think the the isosurface function of :

  function { z-fnPig(x, -y, 0).gray*0.4 }

should be:

  function { z-fnPig(x,  y, 0).gray*0.4 }

unless the intent was to throw a bit of a puzzle at new users.

Bill