POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ?? .dat ?? : Re: ?? .dat ?? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ?? .dat ??
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 25 Sep 2009 12:45:01
Message: <web.4abcf2ed779bddb281c811d20@news.povray.org>
> alphaQuad schrieb:
>
> > Everyone sucks except for the ones that dont.
>
> LOL! That made my day :-)
>
> Still, gotta take advantage of using a newsreader by now... let's see,
> where might that functionality be hidden in T'bird...
>
> (*browses through menus*)
> ... ah yes, I think this should be it. Sorry it took me so long to find
> that function, it's a first for me you know. Anyway, here we go:
>
>      *plonk!*

Whether a newsreader can be used or not is irrelevant to the fact that the web
interface is currently broken.  If it wasn't to be used and we should all be
using newsreaders, it wouldn't have been created or exist in the first place.

Problem is, I don't have access to newsgroup server from work.  As such I got in
the habit of using the web interface.  I also use it at home as I don't have to
go through setting up a newsreader, and as a habit.  I also like to use it when
I am at other people's houses like my parent's, so I don't have to go through
setting up a newsreader on someone else's machine. If not for the web interface,
my presence here would certainly be impacted (whether anyone really cares or not
is another story...).

Is there anyone that can actually figure out and fix what is wrong with the web
interface?  Looking at the image digest, it appears that the last valid images
were posted:

by Mike Raiford on 16 Sep 2009 17:19:20
in 'Re: make_gemstone macro, old fashioned 8-cut'

if that is of any help.

-tgq