POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rolling On : Re: Rolling On Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolling On
From: s day
Date: 25 Sep 2009 06:50:01
Message: <web.4abc9fbac347c41ca7d5aec40@news.povray.org>
> stbenge schrieb:
>
> > Wow, this model is turning out to be quite the technical achievement!
> > What are your plans for texturing and lighting?
>
> Not sure yet. As for texturing, I'll probably try for a "dirty from
> traveling, but easily cleaned" look.
>
> As for the lighting, I'm not sure even whether it will be a day or night
> shot; it will primarily be either moon- or sunlit, though a night scene
> might employ a few artificial light sources in addition.
>
> In either case, radiosity is a must of course...

This is looking really good, I can appreciate the time/effort going into this
and can't wait to see the finished/textured version. If you are like me you have
several scene ideas in mind both with nice and clean and dirty textures,
different colour trains etc... I just hope you manage to finish them off.

Not to be too picky but the spokes (especially on the front wheels) are showing
through slightly in the gap between the outer edge of the wheel and the inner
part. Is this correct from the blue print you have?

I am really impressed..

Sean