POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ?? .dat ?? : Re: ?? .dat ?? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ?? .dat ??
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 24 Sep 2009 19:30:01
Message: <web.4abc0033779bddb2c67b294d0@news.povray.org>
> gonzo schrieb:
> > Why do all the recent images have ".dat" on them?
> >
> > Or has M$ upgraded Windows again so as to make it even more unusable?
>
> That appears to be some issue with the web interface. Something broke
> with the recent update?

Does anyone know what has happened and if it will be able to be repaired.

I use the web interface at both home and work (work I don't have access to
newsservers) and the result is the same for both, a .dat extension on every
image (also for any other attachment type).

It appears to just be appending the extra extension, not actually changing the
file.  DLing it and simply removing the extension makes it viewable.

-tgq