POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Objects As Isosurfaces #2 : Re: Objects As Isosurfaces #2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects As Isosurfaces #2
From: William Pokorny
Date: 19 Sep 2009 16:05:01
Message: <web.4ab5394ddbac571815ee2c550@news.povray.org>
Hi clipka,
I had to travel early the next morning too - I was very tired by the time I got
back last night! I see your offer and, yes, I would very much like to see an
attempt to integrate these features in POVRay.

I tried another image with the "noise balls" idea - 3D objects defining volumes
over which functions are active. I used 5 instances of Dave Blandston's recently
posted star object to contain the wrinkles function and make an outward imprint
in a thin box. Further, I used a slight modified/bucketized version of the
overall isosurface function to control a color map.

Regards, Bill P.

> William Pokorny schrieb:
> > I just woke up in the middle of the night with the thought, "We can throw noise
> > balls!"  Starting to think this object shaped math for isosurfaces could allow
> > us to do a LOT of cool things.
>
> Yeah, those are the nights...!
>

> Looking at all the posts here recently, I guess there's a serious
> "market" for "functionalizing" of objects - first the proximity
> patterns, now "isosurfaceizing"...
>
> If I'm asked, that pretty much sounds like a call for native integration
> of such a feature into POV-Ray...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'objectpatchex4.jpg' (171 KB)