POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Objects As Isosurfaces #2 : Re: Objects As Isosurfaces #2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects As Isosurfaces #2
From: William Pokorny
Date: 18 Sep 2009 02:00:11
Message: <web.4ab3215fdbac571815ee2c550@news.povray.org>
Thank you Rob,
I just woke up in the middle of the night with the thought, "We can throw noise
balls!"  Starting to think this object shaped math for isosurfaces could allow
us to do a LOT of cool things.

CSG for image is just a cylinder and a sphere. Different noise functions used in
each and the 'object equations' written to blob them together.

This is going to be fun.
Regards, Bill P.

"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> "William Pokorny" <pokorny_epix_net> wrote:
> > Mike Williams's isosurface tutorial has a mention of a mesh approximation macro.
> > "Kevin Loney has produced an include file which produces a mesh object that
> > approximates an isosurface." Unfortunately the link is dead so unsure where to
> > get a current version of it.
>
> Bill, I just posted some adaptations (not by me) of Loney's original include
> file to p.b.scene-files for you to pick apart if you're interested.
>
> Now, time to check out your ObjectToIso.inc, thanks :)
>
> -Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'objectpatchex3.jpg' (14 KB)