POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost! : Re: Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost! Server Time
2 Jun 2024 13:42:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost!
From: mone
Date: 16 Sep 2009 22:05:01
Message: <web.4ab198f864ef0d7323a561510@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <Sve### [at] Jamaica-Focuscom> wrote:
> Fact is, all of them
> are now lost! And there are really no words which could even come close to
> describe my frustration, anger, hate, helplessness and sadness. There are no
> words which are strong enough. As I said, my oldes files dated back to the
> begin of POV-Ray, those days for DOS. I kept them full of pride as a POV-Ray
> museum. They meant a lot for me, it was my entire history with POV-Ray. Now
> they're gone.

That's very sad.
Have you already tried some data recovery tools? I have had some success with
the freeware programs: testdisk and photorec (the latter is for all kinds of
documents not only photos as the name suggests), which are both freeware. Maybe
there's still hope to get your files back?
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec