POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Steampunk? : Re: Steampunk? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:56:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steampunk?
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 11 Sep 2009 12:05:00
Message: <web.4aaa713a5559dd8a85627c70@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> I have 2 big problems with the new topic: Time (Steampunked)

> Seriously, I don't like to cause a fuss, but I really think this topic is a
> bad idea.
>
> --
> Tek
> http://evilsuperbrain.com

I was thinking much the same thing. I take Warp's point that there are creative
work-arounds that are possible given that the IRTC gives rather liberal leeway
with respect to topic interpretation, but this just means that the IRTC has
done a good thing in regard to handling problematic topics so folks can
participate anyway and not that the objections that Tek has raised are not
valid.  I would like to add my voice to those urging that future topics
generally avoid calling for a particular artistic style.

Best Regards,
Mike C.