POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with SSLT : Re: Playing around with SSLT Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing around with SSLT
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 4 Sep 2009 17:55:00
Message: <web.4aa18ba663e55f164726e92b0@news.povray.org>
> Robert McGregor schrieb:
> > Well, she's pretty big - my PoseRay generated include file is 40.7 MB. I have a
> > zip file of her that's 11.4 MB if you want it.
>
> I'd love to - after all, she's such a gorgeous beauty for showing off
> SSLT, ain't she?
>
> You're sure that doesn't go against the licensing?

Sure, no problem - here's what it says on the Stanford Model Repository web site
(http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/):

"You are welcome to use the data and models for research purposes. You are also
welcome to mirror or redistribute them for free. Finally, you may publish
images made using these models, or the images on this web site, in a scholarly
article or book - as long as credit is given to the Stanford Computer Graphics
Laboratory. However, such models or images are not to be used for commercial
purposes, nor should they appear in a product for sale (with the exception of
scholarly journals or books), without our permission."

I just uploaded her to my web site at:
http://www.mcgregorfineart.com/zip/Lucy_POV_geom.zip

And make sure you post some shots so I can see how she's *supposed* to look <g>

Cheers,
Rob