POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with SSLT : Re: Playing around with SSLT Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing around with SSLT
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 3 Sep 2009 19:10:01
Message: <web.4aa04c4663e55f164726e92b0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> This looks terribly good indeed.

Thanks Thomas :)

I can't seem to stop toying with it now (I'm sure you can all understand that).

So, after many more tweaks I've got it looking like I wanted - more subtle. But
I've noticed that whatever texture I use it seems to sort of fade away,
"overpowered" by the SSLT. I've tried all kinds of different SSLT parameters
and diffuse settings(even the ones from the Jenson, et. al. 2001 SIGGRAPH
paper).

Am I missing something simple here? Anyone have some tips on retaining my
texture colors/details and still getting the cool SSLT scattering?

-Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sslt.lucy.test2.jpg' (460 KB)