POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DF3 Proximity Macros - test image : Re: DF3 Proximity Macros - orientation? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:32:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DF3 Proximity Macros - orientation?
From: Edouard
Date: 31 Aug 2009 05:40:00
Message: <web.4a9b9a3a61fec964e45f5ea40@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
>
> > Well, I just tested with switched coordinates, the results are exactly the
> > same, so I think Edouard's macro is coordinates-independent. However, that
> > means something else is at stake.
>
> Thanks for trying it out!

Ahh, OK - I've found the first bug. Or, more accurately, misunderstanding of how
the interpolation works in POV by myself.

I've been trying really hard to avoid having the Proximity_LoadMap() code having
to know what the resolution of the DF3 file is, but I think I'll have to change
it so it does know in order to work around some issues to do with sampling
positions and df3 texture wrapping.

Q: Does anyone know if you can find out the resolution of a DF3 file from within
the SDL? I can't recall anything like that, but then theres a lot I don't
know...

Cheers,
Edouard.