POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A long track to go : Re: A long track to go Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A long track to go
From: s day
Date: 26 Aug 2009 01:25:05
Message: <web.4a94c6fdd8f21fa2cf6723b90@news.povray.org>

> That's really impressive quality. (You're aware though that the
> animation must be from a train going downhill? The reverse lever is
> apparently at neutral, effectively locking the valve in dead center
> position so it doesn't admit any steam to the cylinder...)
>
> Would you mind me using parts of your code? (Probably not, or you
> wouldn't have published the code in the first place, but I rather ask
> anyway.)

I didn't know how the levers work and the train was modelled from photos found
on the web so I was pretty sure it wasn't very accurate as most of the images
didn't show the wheels/levers in enough detail to model and I had no idea how
they should move.

When I modelled the train I had lots of scenes in my head that I was planning to
use it in but never got the carriages finished (I ran out of steam :~o ).

I would be glad to see any part of it in another picture so you are free to use
it (if you can make anything from my poorly written/commented code).

Sean