POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greeble City : Re: Greeble City Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greeble City
From: Reactor
Date: 6 Aug 2009 10:40:01
Message: <web.4a7aeaa230e674de6662fd0a0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> >> I'm quite surprised with how easy it was to tweak my greeble macro to get
> >> nice city shape...
> >
> > I tweaked it further in a very simple way to write the triangles to a file
> > (because I am impatient).  I'm sure you've done something similar.
> > Looking
> > forward to see what you come up with!
>
> I did the same, but only because I wanted to render it with MCPOV to get rid
> of those nasty radiosity artifacts (and I'm useless at tweaking those
> radiosity settings to anything decent).

Funny think, I am MC-Poving a version right now for comparison.  Attached is the
radiosity version of the same scene.

Out of curiosity, does your version write a regular mesh, or a mesh2?  I was
thinking about making it write a mesh 2, which I think will reduce the file
size (and parse time).

-Reactor

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: