POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set : Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2009 11:30:01
Message: <web.4a7701f7dba9e34ea107abcd0@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Top quaility Persistent brand tools.
>
> I would like to have more pronounced photons, currently the setting are:
>   photons {
>     spacing           0.050
>     gather            20,100
>     media             0,1.000
>     jitter            0.400
>     max_trace_level   5
>     expand_thresholds 0.200,40.000
>     autostop          0.500
>     radius            0.000,1.000,0.000,1.000
>   }
>
> Suggestions?

Crank up the light source??

No, seriously: I guess they're realistic. Reflective caustics are much more
prominent with concave surfaces. To emphasize the effect, you'd need to place
other parts so that some of the caustics fall into another tool's shadow.
Something like that.

I don't think there's a parameter in POV-Ray to artistically over-exaggerate
photon caustics.

(BTW, I just notice that my anaglyph shades don't seem to be that bad after all;
they just didn't work too well with AlphaQuad's solar systems and their
bright-on-black setting.)