POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Backlight : Re: Backlight Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backlight
From: clipka
Date: 30 Jul 2009 14:30:01
Message: <web.4a71e6a5cabb4647a13874630@news.povray.org>
stbenge <" <-"@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Looks pretty nice! Do you think this patch will make it into the
> official releases?

I can't say for sure (that'll be ultimately up to Chris Cason, who is currently
busy somewhere abroad), but I expect so. It is actually quite an easy and
straightforward change, with not much risk of breaking any of the existing
stuff (there's probably more lines of code in the sample scene than in the
patch :P) and I think the test shots clearly prove its potential.

So yes, I'm quite confident it will be released as an experimental feature in
beta 34.

Looking forward to seeing what all you guys out there will make of it.