POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVRay / Luxrender : Re: POVRay / Luxrender Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay / Luxrender
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 28 Jul 2009 13:45:01
Message: <web.4a6f38be7ae82ffcaf99e1340@news.povray.org>
> Is it possible to set it to 0.05, 0.025, or is 0.0 the only alternative
> ? If so, doesn't this mean all AA rays are traced in any case, as the
> difference to the neihboring pixels is always too big ?
>
> hobBIT

Yes, amounts less than 0.1 are permissible, and yes, 0.0 means every pixel is AA
traced.

As for the lighting on the curtains--you could try the double_illuminate
keyword.  I think that will also interact with radiosity properly.  However, if
those working on the next version of POV wanted to implement a diffuse
transparency feature, that would be wonderful indeed!